Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simple and Delicious Summer Recipes

Coconut Crusted Tilapia



Cari D. gave me this recipe, although she normally makes it with chicken.  Since I did not have chicken, I elected to use tilapia!  Tilapia is great, because you get fish oil, and its super cheap!  After baking, you can slice the fish for fish tacos (great with a little guac), eat it plain, put it on a salad, or anything else you can come up with!  They are also great warmed up, so feel free to make extra for the week and pack them for work or school!  You won't be disappointed!

I took a can of coconut milk into a shallow dish and added about a TBSP of hot sauce and the juice of 1 lime.  I placed 6 tilapia fillets into the dish and let them marinate overnight, although they really only need to marinate for an hour.
Then make a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and shredded coconut (approx 1:1) and add salt and pepper as desired.  Prep a sheet pan with aluminum foil if you are like me and like to make things easier for yourself.  Also, turn the oven to 400 degrees.  One by one, dip the fillets into the crust mixture until covered on both sides, then place on aluminum foil.  Bake approximately 5 minutes, then carefully flip the fillets.  Bake another 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked.  Enjoy!


Peach Beach Drink



While I was in Atlanta with Cari D., we went peach picking - which I highly recommend!!  I got so many, that I couldn't eat them all before they were going bad.  So, when they were ripe, I cut them into cubes and froze them.  I decided to make a delicious beach drink that is so refreshing, it is perfect for any summer occasion!

To make 2 servings, take 1.5 cups of frozen peaches and place in a blender.  Add 2 shots coconut rum and ice.  Add about 1/4 cup coconut paste.  Blend.  ENJOY!!!

Balsamic Vinegar

I found an amazing alternative to salad dressing that is delicious on almost every salad imaginable - balsamic vinegar!  Seriously, I dare you to try it on your favorite homemade salad and tell me that it doesn't make you want to eat a salad at EVERY meal!

Let me know if you have any questions or would like any information on any recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment